Pitching A Book For Film Or TV With Chrissy MetgeChrissy Metge
This podcast episode is sponsored by Kobo Writing Life, which helps authors self-publish and reach readers in global markets through the Kobo ecosystem. You can also subscribe to the Kobo Writing Life podcast for interviews with successful indie authors.
Chrissy Metge has 20 years animation experience working on projects including The Hobbit, Superman Man of Steel, Fast and Furious 7, and Jungle Book. She’s the co-founder of Fuzzy Duckling Media and Duckling Publishing, specializing in books and shows for children, and is also a creative brand consultant.
You can listen above or on your favorite podcast app or read the notes and links below. Here are the highlights and the full transcript is below.
- Changes in the film and TV industry in the last 20 years
- The kinds of content that animation studios are interested in
- How and when to pitch an idea to a studio
- Tips for good pitching technique
- Do you need to write the scripts for the stories you’re pitching?
- The importance of figuring out your target audience
- How does the financial side work?